Saturday, February 2, 2013

November Resolutions-Happy New Year!

Many blessings to count at the start of a new year...good health, family, & friends...for these gifts I am eternally grateful.  Tried something a little different this time around and initiated 'resolutions' in November, hoping to create 'habits' that will stick prior to the dreaded month of January.

 Why is it that this month is so bleak for me?!  As long as I can remember, January has been my least favorite month.  As an elementary student, I can recall the crushing blow of school resuming, inevitable indoor recess due to rainy weather, and Spring Break seeming so far away.  The only bright spot was my birthday, although it is only a few weeks after Christmas--not ideal as a child.   

I love beginnings and fresh starts so why is January not high on my list?  Hmm...I am thinking it has something to do with the fact my resolutions usually have dissipated by month's end.  Not this time!  I am determined to not let the January blues win! 

Let's see...Christmas decorations are still up (had great intentions to pack everything away by January 5th, but that was before catching the flu and being out of commission for basically three weeks).  Thank you notes still not finished, closets waiting to be organized...life goes on!  On the plus side, all New Year's resolutions still upheld.  Running a minimum of four times a week--check!  Signed up for first 5K--check!  Completed professional and personal reading list for the month of January--check!  Carved out time to focus on the moment--check...well, maybe a check minus.  Work initiated on the big vegetable garden project--check!  Keeping blog updated--check! 

Happy New Year to all, even if it is February 2nd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment